tattoos

Brainformation is about the information in your brain and the way it's perceived. This forum specialize in the exchange of ideas and thoughts that do not fit into our special interests categories.

tattoos

Postby pilvikki » 13 Sep 2014, 19:33

some of these are just spectacular! like this one:

[ img ]

more really beautiful ones here:

lots of ink!

i'm trying to decide which one....

as if! :lmao4:
pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Re: tattoos

Postby Yogi » 14 Sep 2014, 06:09

Really now ...

Although these are often bias generalized claims, there have been sociological studies done by the American Psychological Association, Federal Bureau of Prisons, and other demographic researchers showing strong correlative evidence associating tattoos with high risk behavior, illegal substance abuse and sexual promiscuity.

... if you can believe the Urban Dictionary
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... mp%20Stamp
Yogi
Oracle Class Poster
Oracle Class Poster

Postby pilvikki » 14 Sep 2014, 16:25

well now, that was a bit harsh...

let me think about that for a bit: tattoos = low morals and high risk behaviour. :think:

morals per se are a subjective subject, but to me high risk behaviour is taking my visa card with me to go shopping...

so...

:snoot:
pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Postby Ice.Maiden » 14 Sep 2014, 17:20

I love the one on that woman wearing the black dress - very pretty - but I wouldn't want to cover half my chest with ANY tattoo.

It used to be considered that people who had inkings were of questionable morals, blah blah, but now it's seen as body art, and I know a few very wealthy women who've taken the plunge. It seems that it's something personal to themselves, and's completely different to the old days when lags and sailors used to sport them.

I doubt if I'd ever have one though, because once you're "marked", they're not easy to get rid of, and I think I'd change my mind about the pattern when it was too late.
Ice.Maiden
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Postby Kellemora » 15 Sep 2014, 09:27

Almost everyone I know, including myself, sees tattoos as a form of self-mutilation due to low self-esteem.
It often leads to other forms of self-mutilation, such as multiple piercings and/or making holes in ones own body.
Kellemora
Brainiac Class Poster
Brainiac Class Poster

Postby Ice.Maiden » 15 Sep 2014, 09:53

Not sure about that Gary. Some very confident people actually love their tattoos and piercings. Personally, I think they can go too far though. I saw a wedding where the bride was covered in them - up her arms, over her shoulders and showing on her back. The dress was beautiful, but the effect was spoilt by the array of patterns which she sported, SHE obviously liked each tattoo, but it cheapened the entire look.

Having said that, some inkings're beautiful. The compasses which Vikki once posted were gorgeous, and it doesn't bother me a jot if others want to have them done. I'm just not bothered for myself.
Ice.Maiden
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Postby pilvikki » 15 Sep 2014, 15:16

hm... low self-esteem? :think:

naw, I know people with and without and some are and some aren't. same as everybody else.

I got mine because punkin kept saying I was too much of a chicken. so there! i'll show you! :lmao4:
pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Postby Ice.Maiden » 15 Sep 2014, 17:34

You were very brave! It's a sweet one though. Could've been worse - an anchor, with MAM written across it! LOOOL.
Last edited by Ice.Maiden on 16 Sep 2014, 17:28, edited 1 time in total.
Ice.Maiden
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Postby Kellemora » 16 Sep 2014, 12:59

To each their own.

It don't bother me to see someone with ten pounds of metal, large gaping holes in their cheeks or chin.
But I wouldn't want to try to eat in a restaurant sitting next to one while they ate.
Nor would I feel comfortable with one performing open heart surgery on someone I loved, no matter how great they may be as a surgeon, the amount of bacteria they are spewing out of those holes is enormous.
Kellemora
Brainiac Class Poster
Brainiac Class Poster

Postby pilvikki » 16 Sep 2014, 17:41

for some odd reason these bother me:

[ img ]

I don't understand why it is, but I need slightly nauseous seeing them. weird. there's really no difference between a pin sized hole and a huge, gaping hole, but still... :shrug:
pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Postby Ice.Maiden » 16 Sep 2014, 17:43

At the same time, we live with much of this bacteria. They crawl around on our skin constantly, but our immune systems prevent noticeable reactions.

A person with piercings usually keeps the holes clean - or enough that no one else's contaminated by anything horrible. If it was a health hazard, with the millions of people who have their ears pierced we'd all be picking up infections, but we're not.

Sitting next to someone in a restaurant, who had a multitude of piercings, wouldn't bother me a jot. There's no way I'd catch anything untoward, unless they happened to have weeping great sores which were liable to drop bacteria onto my plate. Ugh - horrible thought - but these people're just people the same as you or I, who happen to like decorating their bodies. It doesn't make them monsters or affect their brains.

I have my ears pierced - once on each side - and that's it. I have no more piercings anywhere else, and don't have a tattoo - because I don't want one. I know I'd change my mind about a particular pattern, so there's no point in doing it, but if others want to cover their skin in metal and ink, that's up to them. It wouldn't prevent me from talking to them or going out with them. I believe in live and let live.
Ice.Maiden
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Postby Ice.Maiden » 16 Sep 2014, 17:45

LOL - Vikki posted just before me.

No, I don't like to see those gaping big holes in ears or anywhere else, either, but the point I was making, is that obviously others DO like it. It's no different to tribal people sticking "plates" into their lips or sticks through their noses. In fact, in some societies, it's considered attractive and often the sign of coming of age.
Ice.Maiden
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Postby pilvikki » 16 Sep 2014, 17:47

personally I think a full sleeve looks silly. even if well done. the artwork (if any) gets drowned out and looks too busy.
    pilvikki
    Royal Poobah Penguin
    Royal Poobah Penguin

Postby pilvikki » 16 Sep 2014, 17:56

i'd say there's definitely something wrong here:

[ img ]

According to the Guinness book of records, Elaine Davidson of Edinburgh Scotland is the most pierced woman in the world, with 6,935 piercings on her body.The Brazilian-born Davidson says that some of her piercings aren't visible because more than 1,500 piercings are ''internal''. click to view more photos...

http://thelmachidi.blogspot.fr/2013/04/meet-woman-with-most-piercings-in-world.html#.VBi_YfmSySp

crying out loud, she'd sound like a bucket of bolts walking about, you'd think?
    pilvikki
    Royal Poobah Penguin
    Royal Poobah Penguin

Postby Ice.Maiden » 16 Sep 2014, 18:03

It looks revolting - but again, she must like it. It's her face, and if she wants to decorate herself in such a manner - who has any right to complain?
    Ice.Maiden
    Golden Poster
    Golden Poster

Postby pilvikki » 17 Sep 2014, 15:07

what I find baffling are the people who paint/ink/metal themselves into world records, but get offended when they get stared at? I mean, seriously!?
    pilvikki
    Royal Poobah Penguin
    Royal Poobah Penguin

Postby Ice.Maiden » 17 Sep 2014, 16:53

I found the opposite when I went along with someone to a tattoo fair. It was an eye-opener. Those with full sleeves or're completely covered ALWAYS get stared at, because it's still not commonplace to see such rampant inkings, but the folk who sported them seemed proud of the attention they got.
    Ice.Maiden
    Golden Poster
    Golden Poster

Return to Brain Information