Human Obsolescence [Trimmed]

Brainformation is about the information in your brain and the way it's perceived. This forum specialize in the exchange of ideas and thoughts that do not fit into our special interests categories.

Re: Human Obsolescence

Postby Ice.Maiden » 06 Sep 2014, 17:33

It doesn't work that way over here Gary, despite some folk moaning that their taxes are funding the nice lifestyles of the lazy. Benefits don't add up to anything like that amount in the UK - and that's at today's rates.

Income Support for a couple isn't a lot, especially when they have to pay their utility bills out of that - gas, electricity and water. Take away money for clothes, food, travelling expenses, TV licence, phone line ... it leaves nothing. Of course, payments are made in the form of Child Benefit to those with families, but even for the eldest child, it's only in the region of £20 a week. For a couple without children, they'll probably get less than £800 a month, and a single person gets just over half that. OK., they might get their rent and Council Taxes paid for, but they're still better off working .... if they can find a full-time job.
Ice.Maiden
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Re: Human Obsolescence [Trimmed]

Postby Yogi » 09 Sep 2014, 09:38

NOTE:
As happens from time to time in our discussion forums the discourse may drift away from the original topic. The drift often degrades into chit chat, but sometimes new topics worthy of serious discussion evolve. That is what happened to this thread. I am splitting the topics that drifted as best I can and thereby creating new threads from the original off topic ones. Hopefully nothing will be lost. It's just a copy and paste effort on my part. I'll do my best to keep the separated topics coherent.

Feel free to continue with the current discussion of Human Obsolescence here.
Yogi
Oracle Class Poster
Oracle Class Poster

Re: Human Obsolescence [Trimmed]

Postby Ice.Maiden » 09 Sep 2014, 13:56

Sorry Yogi.
Ice.Maiden
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Previous

Return to Brain Information