speaking off britts and english...

Brainformation is about the information in your brain and the way it's perceived. This forum specialize in the exchange of ideas and thoughts that do not fit into our special interests categories.

Re: speaking off britts and english...

Postby Ice.Maiden » 11 Oct 2011, 17:18

This is it. The British Isles are woven with traditions, history, myths and customs, which make up the very fabric of our society, so even when certain events appear to die off, such as maypole dancing and the infamous cheese-rolling contests - someone always brings them back again to keep the things going. I like that idea. It's mixing the old with the new - and why SHOULD we allow festivals, celebrations and symbolic gestures to fall by the way? If you once do that, you lose a part of history and a thread of who you are.
Ice.Maiden
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Postby pilvikki » 11 Oct 2011, 20:17

you know, someone asked me what traditions we had when i was a kid and i said i couldn't think of any... later on it dawned on me that it was just part of life and something you just did, so... say, leaving the x-mas eve dinner on the table overnight for any guests was just something we'd always done.
pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Postby Ice.Maiden » 12 Oct 2011, 03:52

Was it re-heated, or ...?
Ice.Maiden
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Postby pilvikki » 12 Oct 2011, 09:06

nope. just sat there buffet style. you could eat it as a cold meal no problem.
pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Postby Ice.Maiden » 12 Oct 2011, 18:09

I don't mind cold meat ... even a potato or two ... but sprouts? Eurgh! : )
Ice.Maiden
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Postby legend » 12 Oct 2011, 22:08

Welll we are collectively british but individually it depends on our country of birth.

im scottish.

Similar to perhaps a texan and a californian being american but in some cases i have heard americans speak more fondly of their state than their country.

And of course there are cases of people who are ( in their opinions ) fierce american patriots , but are opposed to the Federal government.

And lest not forget the north /south civil war divide in america. Some might think it doesnt still exist. but ask a black /african american , and im sure they would disagree.

Did that help ?

Leg
legend
Oracle Class Poster
Oracle Class Poster

Previous

Return to Brain Information