sleepy time

Brainformation is about the information in your brain and the way it's perceived. This forum specialize in the exchange of ideas and thoughts that do not fit into our special interests categories.

sleepy time

Postby Sandra » 14 Aug 2007, 15:49

How many hours sleep do you need each night to make you feel refreshed the next day? Are you grumpy and intolerable if you don't get enough sleep?
Sandra
Brainiac Class Poster
Brainiac Class Poster

Re: sleepy time

Postby Linda » 14 Aug 2007, 15:54

I don't get enough sleep...period! I find myself tossing and turning, I'm hot, I'm cold and of course my husband insists on sleeping in the middle of our king sized bed and complains if I roll over on his outstretched arm.

I don't sleep even that well when my grandchildren are staying over - which is quite often - it's that mother's insinct that I have one ear open to hear if they wake up. Like this morning...4:30 a.m. and Stuart is half asleep in the living room chair. I ended up sitting with him until he finally fell asleep just before our alarm went off at 6 a.m.
Linda
Brainiac Class Poster
Brainiac Class Poster

Postby Ohlia » 14 Aug 2007, 16:20

Four hours sleep does wonders for me. Sometimes my eyes are tired and sleepy but my mind is always so busy, I get less than four hours. :evil:
Ohlia

Postby pilvikki » 14 Aug 2007, 17:57

i'm really concerned about my sleeping habits. i don't get proper sleep, so i'm always sleepy. i tried the CPAP, but who the hell can sleep attached to a machine, especially if she's already a poor sleeper?
pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Postby bermbits » 15 Aug 2007, 12:32

Whatever I need I don't get - there's always something. The dog and cat don't get the concept of "sleeping in," so often at first light, they start in.... Then there are horse shows where we have to get up at 4 am. Normally, once school starts, I sleep until 5:20. There are more details, but that's enough for now.
bermbits
Brainiac Class Poster
Brainiac Class Poster

Postby pilvikki » 15 Aug 2007, 18:05

Then there are horse shows where we have to get up at 4 am.

horse show?

if anyone wants to look at the horsie, tell them to come over around 10 or so...

some nights i can't get to sleep before 4.
Last edited by pilvikki on 15 Aug 2007, 23:11, edited 1 time in total.
pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Postby petunia princess » 15 Aug 2007, 22:26

I have had bouts of insomnia my whole adult life. So ... it's 5 mg of Ambien every night for me. I fall asleep with no trouble, and stay asleep.

I need at least 8 hours of sleep each night in order to feel fine. My hubby sleeps about 5 hours each night, BUT - he takes a nap every afternoon.

Lately I've been staying up w-a-y too late ... we're talking 2:00 in the morning! So I think I'd better get back into the habit of going to bed around 11:00.

[ img ]
petunia princess

Postby Trace » 20 Aug 2007, 18:26

with my current goofy schedule at work, I don't get a consistent amount of sleep. Somedays I am working 3p-1130p and others 7a-330p. Sometimes, like today, I get home at midnight and have to be back at work at 7a. I can't go to sleep right away when I get home either. I have to read or watch tv to calm down a bit. I got about 4 1/2 hours last night. Somehow, I won't be able to fall asleep early tonight either. I will probably be up til 2.
Trace

Postby spithray » 20 Aug 2007, 18:29

I can handle a few hours for the odd night but as a general rule I could do with at least 6 hours. During the week I do my best to get at least 7 every night.
spithray

Postby Rusty » 20 Aug 2007, 18:41

I average six to eight hours sleep and when I awaken,I hit the floor running and I never wake up grumpy.
When I don`t get enough sleep I get very giggly.
Rusty
co-administrator
co-administrator

Postby pilvikki » 20 Aug 2007, 20:06

giggly?

i've never heard of that one!

hehe.

trace, where do you work, here one can't work unless there are x numbers of hours between shifts. it's in the labour law, i believe.
pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Postby Trace » 20 Aug 2007, 20:09

I am a nurse in a nursing home. I have done a double before too. I just hate those though.
Trace

Postby pilvikki » 20 Aug 2007, 20:12

oh gods, that's a tough job to begin with. why do nurses get treated so carelessly???
pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Postby Trace » 20 Aug 2007, 20:16

pilvikki wrote:oh gods, that's a tough job to begin with. why do nurses get treated so carelessly???

There just don't seem to be enough of us to go around right now. I have some friends who work more than one job and seem to go days without sleep. I have no idea how they do it.
Trace

Postby pilvikki » 20 Aug 2007, 20:21

i read somewhere that people can actually drive or work while technically asleep. i know i've fallen asleep at work while someone was rivetting 8' away, but that's different.

is it worth killing yourself by working? a guy who lived an hour's drive away was working all the o/t he could get his hands on, 7 days a week, until he fell asleep one night on his way home...
pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Return to Brain Information