yay pitbull!

Stories about animals which might be silly,weird, nonsensical or just plain interesting.

yay pitbull!

Postby pilvikki » 16 Mar 2012, 09:47

pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Re: yay pitbull!

Postby Ice.Maiden » 30 Mar 2012, 02:51

So do I, and I agree with many of the comments which were posted after the event, which happened about 4 years ago now. If you treat a dog - any dog - with love and respect, you usually end up with a good animal.

I've had people curl their noses up when I tell them we have Bull Terriers, but they're wonderful dogs, and ours are like babies. They haven't a bad bone in their bodies, and be it one of those, a Pit Bull or even a Band Dog - I'd have one.

The woman featured in the link was very lucky that the dog happened to be there to protect her. I'd have wanted to keep him like a shot.
Ice.Maiden
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Postby pilvikki » 30 Mar 2012, 08:57

if i recall correctly, staffs used to be called "nanny dogs' for they were super with kids...
pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Postby Ice.Maiden » 30 Mar 2012, 11:23

They are. They're notorious for being very good with people, full stop, but they aren't all too keen on other dogs unless brought up with them or know them well. They can be very protective of their own territory, and'll growl and look ferocious even if they don't go for another animal.

All dogs are capable of biting if provoked and teased. I still maintain that it's how you treat them that determines their natures, although you always get rogue ones of course. I've never left ours on their own with children or babies, just in case. but they adore them. They'll lie on the floor with a baby or toddler, and just watch with interest, or try to lick them to death. They're extremely placid, and when they DO "bite", it's to grab our attention or to show us something. It's the gentlest of moves. It wouldn't harm a fly.
Ice.Maiden
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Return to Animal Stories