Sore Hips.

Our resident Registered Nurse, brandtrn, will answer any specific health care related questions on a time available basis.
Forum rules
Sad but true, there must be a disclaimer!!!
Remember that I am a NURSE, not a doctor. I know a lot, but certainly don't know everything. If you have a health problem or concern, I'll do what I can to help, but please keep the following in mind: any information that I may give you is not intended as "medical" advice, nor is it intended to serve as a substitute for a consultation with your primary care physician.

~ Cindy

Sore Hips.

Postby MWB » 09 May 2010, 17:14

For the last few nights, I've found that lying in bed on either side, my hips are sore. Kind of like pressure sore. Not pain. So I have to turn over a lot. I'm fine on my back. It doesn't wake me up, I only notice it when I'm reading or when I wake up & stay in bed for a bit to wake up properly.

No problems during the day in any way.
MWB
KIWI Correspondent
KIWI Correspondent

Re: Sore Hips.

Postby brandtrn » 01 Jun 2010, 11:59

Sorry I'm so late answering this post. I've had a crazy schedule the past few weeks at work, and then I went on vacation. Anyway, I'm sorry to say that before I can venture a guess as to what might be causing your night hip soreness, I have a few questions. First, do you work out on a fairly regular basis? If so, muscle pulls might be the cause. Have you had any recent significant weight gain (or loss)? What is your normal sleeping position? How old is your mattress and what type of mattress do you sleep on? Do you have any history of osteoarthritis or bursitis? Do you have any back pain in addition to the hip pain at night? How about any sweating or fevers? I suppose those are all the questions I have for now...
brandtrn
Advanced Degree Poster
Advanced Degree Poster

Re: Sore Hips.

Postby MWB » 09 Jun 2010, 15:57

Hi Cindy. My health is fine, thanks & the hip soreness in bed is sporadic now.

I reckon it's my "NEW" bed! I've contacted the bed people again & the chap will be coming out to my house to have another look at it. This time I'll be very firm about it being no good for me & that I want a replacement.

The reason I reckon it's the bed is that when I sleep in the hotel beds, they are sooo comfy & I never have any aches or pains while in them or when I get out of them.

My new bed was comfy for about a month.
MWB
KIWI Correspondent
KIWI Correspondent

Return to Ask An RN