sad comment

Our Archive of topics relating to the 2008 US presidential elections.
Forum rules
This forum is READ ONLY. New posts not allowed.

sad comment

Postby pilvikki » 07 Nov 2008, 20:24

i got an email from a finnish friend, who asked me to convey her elation at the new president.

then she added "i hope he gets to live."

the worst part is that the thought had occured to me as well, but it's different when someone far away makes that kind of remark and vocalizes my fear.
pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Re: sad comment

Postby jakimbro » 08 Nov 2008, 04:16

I don't think you have to worry about it. the security around obama is the tightest in living memory. He won't go the way of MLK or JFK. Thier assasinations were politcally motivated for a variety of reasons- racism not being one of them. Both were threats to THEM ONES who run it all. far from being a threat- Obama is a tool of THEM and as such is in no danger of being eliminated.

There is also the fact that if he was killed it would just make him a matyr- and they'd put his face on a mountain and make a national holiday after him or some such rot. I for one WANT him to live- so he can be revealed as the lying rat that he is.

Who will love him a year from now? It depends on if the press actually becomes objective and investigates the bastard like they already should have.
jakimbro

Postby StVandal » 08 Nov 2008, 14:27

Wow. Just.. ugh.. wow. :whistle:

I hear you Pilvikki, it's not enough for some people to just disagree with someone else and just move on anymore. I mean, I despised W's politics with every fiber of my being, but I'd never wish harm on the man, nor would I wish him any ill will.. the worst I'd fire at him would be a disappointed shake of my head.

But where there are people, there will be opinions, and where there are isolated pockets of the American civilization, those opinions will grow and fester into a very convoluted and dysfunctional ideology, usually very violently (literally) opposed to any conflicting thought. But I hope he stays safe, too.
StVandal

Postby bermbits » 08 Nov 2008, 20:10

This goes beyond opinion. In an ideal world, people would be disappointed and, as was said earlier, get on with their lives. This world is far from idea as we all know.

Having had time to ponder what has happened, I see this election as truly historic! In so many ways, I am quite proud of what has happened (and am willing to give Obama a chance); this is what America is supposed to be - fight the good fight and let the people speak. What happens is what the majority wants (usually).

Unfortunately, there is a segment of "patriots" who see only see America as white and Christian. They think they are right, of course, but they really aren't true Americans. As has been said, and I believe it to be true, the extreme Muslims are as much real Muslims as the KKK members are real Christians - make the connection. They are willing to go beyond the law. I believe we have to allow the speech of hatred, but not action.

Anyhow, I hope the best of America shows through and pray the worst doesn't.
bermbits
Brainiac Class Poster
Brainiac Class Poster

Postby pilvikki » 09 Nov 2008, 01:47

i have been truly saddened by what i have perceived to have happened to america in the past few years. having elected obama, i believe there is hope that things will change for the better.

i'm not naive enough to asume he's perfect, as he is, after all, a politician. :shrug: however, being black means that he's had to do a hell of a lot of extra thinking and he will have to continue to keep on his toes as there are so many who are just waiting for him to screw up.

may he live and all of you prosper!

:love:
pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Postby AJRC » 09 Nov 2008, 07:27

There will always be nutjobs out there who take their hatred too far. Who can't see past politics or race. But most of the time these nutjobs are caught long before they come anywhere near their intended target.

Look at the recent story of the two right wing nutjobs, Daniel Cowart and Paul Schlesselman, indicted for plotting to kill US President-elect Barack Obama and dozens of other black people. I suppose it only takes one nutjob to get through. Take John Hinckley, Jr who nearly succeeded in killing Reagan, all because he wanted to impress the actress Jodie Foster!

Lets hope your friends hopes come to fruition and Obama and his family live long and prosperous lives.
AJRC
Oracle Class Poster
Oracle Class Poster

Postby jakimbro » 09 Nov 2008, 09:21

however, being black means that he's had to do a hell of a lot of extra thinking

What exactly do you mean by that? Are you implying that white people don't think or something? Are you a racist against white people? It sures sounds like it to me.

You should be aware that obama is half white. Though he won't acknowledge it. He's what they call a mulatto. That means one of his parents was white and one was black. But he gets to call himself black if he wants to. Because he too is racist against white people.
jakimbro

Postby mamie » 09 Nov 2008, 14:30

I'm not reading any racism into what is being discussed here. Everyone knows that Mr. Obama is half white and half black - the term "mulatto" hasn't been commonly used since the sixties - and then only as a descriptive term - nothing to be ashamed of.

When he referred to the next addition to the Obama family, a puppy, he commented that he'd like to get a shelter dog, a mutt, like himself. Obviously, he fully accepts what he is - a smart, black man that doesn't need your criticism or anyone elses.

Stop letting your hate squirm and fester; you'll give yourself an ulcer!

[ img ]
mamie
Brainiac Class Poster
Brainiac Class Poster

Postby AJRC » 09 Nov 2008, 15:54

Racism, in this post? OMG, is G5 back again? :hide:
AJRC
Oracle Class Poster
Oracle Class Poster

Postby pilvikki » 09 Nov 2008, 21:31

that was just daft, my dear, you bloody well know what my views are on race. besides, everybody knows there is enough racism going around that a black person is forced to use more diplomacy, more knowledge and more skill to get the same recognition as a white person.

hmm... it's the same as being a woman, over here that is. except on this board. :dance:

as for mutts, that's what i call my kids, who are a bit of everything from their dad's side, while i myself am purebread.

as if anyone in the world is!

:lmao1:
pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Postby jakimbro » 10 Nov 2008, 00:59

Kidding! I was kidding! i have noticed a sad lack of sarcasm amongst Obama supporters- unless of course if you mention Sarah Palin.
Meanwhile- I'm not letting my hatred and loathing fester- I'm releasing it RIGHT HERE!

But i gots to disagree- Blacks are not more diplomatic than whites. Obvuiosly you have never had to mass produce a thousand "MY president is BLACK" fliers for the FAMU Obama victory party. I am MR. Diplomacy when dealing with such blatant reverse racism. Because I want the money.

:nana:
jakimbro

Postby pilvikki » 10 Nov 2008, 02:14

Blacks are not more diplomatic than whites.

you're not on the same page here, kiddo! THIS particular black guy has done his homework and a few extra classes as well to get where he is.

most blacks are not diplomatic and neither is most of anyone else any more! and i for one have had to try to learn some all my life, as it wasn't installed with the original software.

i'm what's called "socially inept", obama better not be.
pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Postby jakimbro » 10 Nov 2008, 05:12

If by diplomatic you mean someone who can smile to your face and lie- well here's a few diplomatic quotes from 'the One':

"I learned to slip back and forth between my black and white worlds. One of those tricks I had learned: People were satisfied so long as you were courteous and smiled and made no sudden moves. They were more than satisfied; they were relieved -- such a pleasant surprise to find a well-mannered young black man who didn't seem angry all the time."

"The point I was making was not that Grandmother harbors any racial animosity. She doesn't. But she is a typical white person..."

"That’s just how white folks will do you."

"You go into some of these small towns in Pennsylvania, and like a lot of small towns in the Midwest, the jobs have been gone now for 25 years and nothing's replaced them. And they fell through the Clinton administration, and the Bush administration, and each successive administration has said that somehow these communities are gonna regenerate and they have not. And it's not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations."

Call to Islamic prayer is “one of the prettiest sounds on Earth at sunset.”

"I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

"I ceased to advertise my mother’s race at the age of twelve or thirteen, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites."

"I found solace in nursing a pervasive sense of grievance and animosity against my mother’s race."

"To avoid being mistaken for a sellout, I chose my friends carefully. The more politically active black students. The foreign students. The Chicanos. The Marxist professors and structural feminists."

Yep - He's REAL Diplomatic, that bright black man. he sho' nuff is. Yassah massah.
jakimbro

Postby mamie » 10 Nov 2008, 06:53

This thread has no where else to go - the hole you are digging for yourselves is getting deeper and deeper and the conversation is in a loop.

The sooner that we accept that the leader of the free world (elect) is black, the better off we'll be. If he really did have to work harder and speak more softly, fine. Maybe he'll be able to wiggle us out of a bad economy and any terrorist attacks on the horizon. We need to give him a chance before we decide upon his fate as a leader.
mamie
Brainiac Class Poster
Brainiac Class Poster

Postby AJRC » 10 Nov 2008, 12:24

The leader of the free world is BLACK?

What the hell is the world coming too? They'll be expecting a seat at the front of the bus, or to drink the same water we do. Can you imagine having to eat next to them? Next they'll be letting women vote. :roll: ;)
AJRC
Oracle Class Poster
Oracle Class Poster

Postby mamie » 10 Nov 2008, 14:28

:lmao1:
mamie
Brainiac Class Poster
Brainiac Class Poster

Postby jakimbro » 10 Nov 2008, 23:18

But that the point mamie! He's NOT black, He's half-white. By his own words- The man has a prejudice against white people that probably extends to self hated and begins with loathing for his mother and her white relatives. in short- he is one twisted personality.

It makes me extremely doubtful that he is pyschologically fit to lead America. It reminds me of Adolf- whom you may recall was half Jewish- and HIS loathing for the Jews led to the Final Solution.
There ain't no telling what political solution Obama may decide is nessecary to 'cure' racism in America. Forced and compulsary re-education comes to mind. A network of spies and secret police may be another result.

All we know for sure about Obama is that he has associated with the worst extremists of the liberal left, and consumed with hatred for the despised white race- he is capable of anything.

And its NOT just Obama who is a racist. His wife and colleagues have been consistantly anti-white and Anti- American.
You should go here to read what hair raising quotes they have said:
viewtopic.php?f=116&t=4767

I personally find it incredible that such a man was allowed full immunity in the press - and has been elected to the highest ofice in the land- mostly by an populace ignorant of his TRUE ideas and influences. You can bet- had Obama been a white man saying things about blacks and America like this- it would never have happened.
jakimbro

Postby pilvikki » 11 Nov 2008, 02:12

now you sound like you're annoyed that he's 50/50, but there's hardly anything he can do about that. he's been treated as black all his life and kids are cruel, sadistic little bastards who quick to pick on someone's insecurities.

any person of mixed ancestry with even a drop of white is regarded as black, treated as black by the majority of population, except maybe in the higher educated circles?

paint yourself black and see how that feels for a month or two!
pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Postby pilvikki » 11 Nov 2008, 02:21

and btw. we had an american comedien open for george carlin last fall. he looked around and said:

"not many black people here tonight... or, should i say african americans, people of colour... i really don't know, for the pc terms keep shifting from year to year. do you remember, we used to have negroes, coloureds, mulattoes, half casts to the pointy of ridiculous! african american? do we have european americans, asian americans and have these people even seen africa? so... what do call the black people up here?"

from around the theatre came several replies:

"CANADIANS!!"
pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Postby jakimbro » 11 Nov 2008, 02:24

now you sound like you're annoyed that he's 50/50

I'm not saying that at all. What annoys me is the ingratitude and horror he seems to have towards the white people in his family. He rareky ever mentions his white mother who birthed him, he insulted his white grandmother who gave him a stable home enviroment to allow him to study and become that studious black man who became president. Instead he lauds "His Father" in a ghost written book aboiut that father's supposed dreams for his son. THAT father from Kenya was absent the whole of the boy's life- and he had another father the indonesian one- that one he never mentions at all. But these are the ones he admires.

Never a kind word about the hard working white people who made his life and election possible. To him we are 'that way', 'bitter', 'clinging' to our racist traditions. Talk about ingratitude. he could have at least thanked his granmother before she died. he didn;t even wait at her deathbed in Hawaii- just fixed it up so his birht certificate would be sealed and jetted out of there the day before the elction. His white grandmother died alone and unloved by Barack Obama.

So tell me- are these the actions of a man who respects his white heritage? I think not! in his own words again:

"That’s just how white folks will do you."
jakimbro

Next

Return to Election 2008