Tonight in the North!

Talk about the weather, but can anyone really do anything about it?

Tonight in the North!

Postby Toula » 15 Jan 2010, 21:05

So the snow has barely gone away - now it is chucking down with rain - gale force winds must be @ 60mph! are howling! & All I want is for someone to belt down our driveway and shut the gate that is banging like mad! Course, OH is punching Zzzzzz's, & I ain't venturing away down there in the dark! :snoot: Bloody window cleaner mustn't have shut it properly when here at tea-time to collect his money! Obviously drove out and never bothered his arse to get out again and close the gate after him! Now it will keep me awake all night!

Wait till he comes the next time, I'll wring his bloody shammy out for sure! See how he likes it when he'll be up all that night running to the loo after a cup of my Senokot added, tea!!! :whistle: Only joking of course, I never give him a cup of tea - hey he's here to wash the windows, not party! :roll:
Toula

Re: Tonight in the North!

Postby pinky » 15 Jan 2010, 21:53

oh lol Toula , well that was a waste of the window cleaner mans time then seen as its chucking it!!. Its the same here storm brewing , watch out them witches dont appear
pinky

Postby Toula » 15 Jan 2010, 22:43

Don't talk to me about 'Witches'! I'm afraid of my own shadow stupid cow that I am! :bleh:
Last edited by Toula on 22 Jan 2010, 22:05, edited 1 time in total.
Toula

Postby pinky » 16 Jan 2010, 22:12

oh hun just cast a spell on them
pinky

Postby Ice.Maiden » 18 Jan 2010, 13:48

18th Jan - latest weather news. Snow back here by Wednesday!!!!!!!
Ice.Maiden
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Postby Toula » 22 Jan 2010, 22:30

The Freezing Fog has descended once more!! Our lights, going down the drive looks just like 4 wee orange glows!

Funny how, when the Scots Mist is talked about, there is always an air of 'Romance' about it!

London's Fog - well of course, it's 'sinister' to say the least! - One conjures up images of Jack the Ripper stepping out of the same to claim his next victim!

But us poor sinners on the North Irish Coast? What image does the fog hold for us? See! There isn't one! Are we so good at masking our 'smuggling' adventures from the past? Or, are we far too canny, not to 'expose all'? I wonder? What do you think about it? I could lead you to hidden caves not shown on the Tourist Maps - They are fascinating places. One in fact, is now a Convent - hidden behind the tides and waves - only to be accessed during the low tide. Further down the coast line, a pub, still has it's cellars in existence today - totally a restaurant now of course - but, whilst there, the mystique still lingers!

Let Your mind take you back in time, and experience what the 'Freezing Fog's' round Ireland, covered up for her people, so that they could survive - a hidden industry? Is it here today under another guise? Who Knows! Maybe it is simply the fishing!
Toula

Postby Ice.Maiden » 22 Jan 2010, 23:05

Blimey hun! Did you have a wild mushroom omelette for supper???? : )

Very descriptive, that! I reckon it sounds spooky - but dreamlike, if you know what I mean. A bit like the mists that descend over Dartmoor - eerie but sets your imagination going.
Ice.Maiden
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Postby Toula » 22 Jan 2010, 23:30

No darlin! I just tell it like it is! {Queue the Music from the X Flies!}

I am here, to open minds! Once you visualize, then you see!!

Open Your Heart and let the Mist in!
Never again, will You deny what's within!
If Your Heart is pure, and you venture forth,
Not one of Your dreams, will they ever be lost.

Your vision will be clear,
For those you hold dear.
When you sleep in the Night,
Their Love you hold tight.

When You wake in the morn,
Oh! The excitement is borne,
Once more You go forth,
Ner that vision is lost!

And I'm a poet, & sure, I didn't know it! ;)
Last edited by Toula on 22 Jan 2010, 23:43, edited 1 time in total.
Toula

Postby Toula » 22 Jan 2010, 23:41

All those interested in receiving Signed Copies of the above poem, please Que up out side OUR House tomorrow, paying the fee of 1 farthing, (all money to go in aid of Toulia's disaster - in other words - living room wallpapering by OH!)
Toula

Postby pilvikki » 24 Jan 2010, 01:35

:lmao4:

good poem! :clap:

here we had + 2 C and sunny. :dance:

bloody crazy weather!
pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Postby pinky » 24 Jan 2010, 20:28

yes Toula we have the freezing fog here too!!! Hey what do you eat hun I'll have some!!! You should write a book
pinky

Postby pilvikki » 29 Jan 2010, 21:38

and now - 14 C. i hate this up and down yo-yoing! mind you silja's got -24 up there and at that temperature the house doesn't feel warm no matter how you stoke the furnace!

-14 = 7F, -24 = -11.

and the wind is howling.
pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Postby Toula » 30 Jan 2010, 09:57

OMG! It was -2 here last night and the snows back, but it's nothing compared to you guys! Heck, I'd never go outside if it was like that! Thinking about it makes me cold. :cry: Stay wrapped up warm love. :love:
Toula

Postby pilvikki » 30 Jan 2010, 23:17

don't worry, i will!

you, too!
pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Postby pinky » 01 Feb 2010, 19:25

well Toula you havent seen cold til you see Chicago
pinky