The Limits of Coldl

Talk about the weather, but can anyone really do anything about it?

Re: The Limits of Coldl

Postby pinky » 22 Dec 2009, 18:47

[ img ] me too its -4 here and i am shivering gosh silke hard to see how you survive over there. They are recommending folk not to travel unnecessary over here at this temperature
pinky

Postby meadow » 23 Dec 2009, 02:22

i would never in a million years ever step foot somewhere that cold. that's just abusive.

i can handle about 40 degrees Fahrenheit. any colder? #@$% that shit, i ain't leaving my house. i lived in NY for several months during the winter. NEVER EVER AGAIN. i want to go to Russia but i won't ever get there. why? too *f&%$g* cold. that shit ain't right. i don't understand the WILLINGNESS to WANT to live somewhere so ridiculously cold. that makes zero sense to me.

i refuse to step foot anywhere cold. won't do it. thank Goddess where i live is warm 12 months a year. i'm freezing my ass here in Las Vegas for my vacay. it's about 38 degrees. and i'm shivering. but i go back to Corpus tomorrow. BRRRRR!!!
meadow

Postby pinky » 23 Dec 2009, 02:27

i'm with you meadow how could you even consider living in such cold I can't even imagine it, its criminal
pinky

Postby Silke » 23 Dec 2009, 04:38

at least I don't melt!

And meadow? Go to Russia. That is one big country, so big infact it is impossible for all of it to be cold. Go south.
Silke
Brainiac Class Poster
Brainiac Class Poster

Postby meadow » 23 Dec 2009, 17:35

Silke: i have friends in Moscow. i'm aware of how large the country is. the only part i'm really interested in is cold much of the year. plus, it's prohibitively expensive. Moscow is the most expensive city in the world right now. i think i'm gonna shoot for India instead. lolz.
meadow

Postby pinky » 23 Dec 2009, 18:39

yes meadow India is fab was there in October/November to agra, delhi, jdhpur, mumbai, kerala. Let us kniw if you want any info
pinky

Postby kg » 03 Apr 2010, 01:42

What is my "limit of cold?" I really don't know! Some of you obviously aren't forced to work out in the weather. I have been. I have related the story of the coldest I've ever experienced in another thread:

Once, I was driving my 18 wheeler through Wyoming. It was majorly cold that night! I heard that the thermometers they used there had bottomed out, and they estimated that it was near -60 F (that's around -51 C). I was driving for C.R. England out of Salt Lake City at the time, and let me tell you, their trucks were set up for cold weather! I couldn't get my truck above 45 MPH, and there were trucks stalled all over the highway. I couldn't get heat out of my heater for anything!

I finally made Cheyenne and pulled into a truck stop. Unbelievably, I got a parking spot not 50 feet from the entrance of the building. Steeling myself, I RAN from my truck to the truck stop entrance. It didn't take me long, let me tell you!

For reference, at that time, I had a mustache. In the (VERY!) short time it took me to run to the entrance and get inside, I had a major case of hypothermia (uncontrollable shivering), and my mustache was a sheet of ice, just from my breath!

I'm not making this up...my entire mustache was iced up in the short time it took me to RUN(1) 50 feet! I have never experienced this before, and I have never experienced it since; but that is COLD! :icecold:

Oh, there IS a difference, and you WILL be able to tell, should it come down to it!
    kg
    Honored 10k Club Member
    Honored 10k Club Member

Previous

Return to About The Weather