chewy lucy

Our resident veterinary technician, vettechie (Marg), will answer all pet specific questions on a time available basis.

chewy lucy

Postby pilvikki » 13 Sep 2009, 22:39

lucy is now 7 months old [golden doodle]. she's a smart, curious, playful and good-natured pup but her habit of picking up anything and everything is driving me nuts! i mean she's like a shopvac and sucks up the tiniest things on the floor, on the table, on a chair, in the kids' hands... i spend more time in her mouth than her tongue does.

the last straw was a metal paper clip and she was "jailed" for that. luckily she doesn't mind her cage.

the little guy [18 months] pulls stuff down where lucy doesn't reach; and next thing you know, there goes another plastic spoon, a stuffy, a boot, a brush, a kleenex, etc ad infinitum. she has her own toys, but apparently prefers variety.

i worry about her getting hurt, otherwise she could "clean up" all day long.

any suggestions?

:worry:
pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Re: chewy lucy

Postby pilvikki » 19 Sep 2009, 23:44

yo-hoo! did you miss this one???
pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Postby Ohlia » 20 Sep 2009, 03:01

I think all dogs indulge in that sort of behaviour. Maybe you should get her some of those chewy dog bones, things etc. I'm not sure of the exact name for it, but the supermarkets, drugstores, even the 'cheap' stores carry them.
Ohlia

Postby pilvikki » 20 Sep 2009, 11:42

she has all kinds! yet even after i've swept up, vacuumed, mopped and practically licked the floor clean, she STILL finds something i've missed!
pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Return to Ask a Veterinary Technician