pecoe

Our resident veterinary technician, vettechie (Marg), will answer all pet specific questions on a time available basis.

pecoe

Postby pilvikki » 30 Nov 2010, 22:32

pecoe was given hormone treatments for furloss, but it seems to be growing back with the puills. he's a neutered orange tabby and now he's got scabs along his spine. when i touch his back to scrape them off, he flattens into the floor and starts licking his paws as if in a trance. he seems not to mind at all that i'm plucking off tuffs of fur and at least the top layer of his skin. i apply polysporin on the raw areas.

i thought fleas dermatitis, but there is no evidence of fleas, droppings or anything.

i'm puzzled...

:think:

any help would be appreciated. :dance:

and btw. how are things going?
pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Re: pecoe

Postby vettechie » 02 Dec 2010, 21:53

Hi!

Sorry to hear about Pekoe. It could be allergies. Most of the cats I see that have the signs you described have some sort of allergic process. It doesnt have to be fleas, and in animals allergies start after the first 1-3 years of life. I wouls suggest a vet visit to get a steroid shot (like depo medrol.) Its a long acting injection that helps them when they get all skin crawlly like you are describing, and you dont have to "pill" him!

As for me, I am doing well. My youngest dog had heart surgery, but is doing great and is expected to be normal now with a normal life expectancy. My Fiance` and I are going to buckle down and do some serious wedding planning soon ( I found my dress already for a steal on ebay!) and the house is holding its own. We have some renovations to do, but have no money and no time right now!

Thanks for asking, and how are the rest of the fur-kids and yourself?
vettechie
Learning Class Poster
Learning Class Poster

Postby pilvikki » 04 Dec 2010, 02:35

thank you! maybe he's allergic to people? :think:

your puppy had heart surgery??? yikes!

here's a special delivery treat:

[ img ]

THE REST OF THE "CHILDREN" SEEM TO BE DOING OK, EVEN LUCY-FUR [oops.] and her hips. she's romping around like nothing's bothering her and seems to be better without the medication, which made her grumpy and listless. if only i could keep her hair under control! poor baby looks like a well-used floor mop... :shifty: time for another session at the hair dressers.

erm... you seem to have forgotten to post a picture of your dress... :P when is the Big Day?

well, best of everything! :love:

:dancer2: :dancer2: :dancer2:
pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Postby vettechie » 05 Dec 2010, 11:39

LOL, here is the dress- but the straps are granny smith apple green, not brown.

[ img ]

the wedding is tentivly scheduled for the summer of 2012.

And yes my pup had pulmonic stenosis, very severe form of it.

learn more: http://www.petmedsonline.org/pulmonic-s ... -dogs.html

he now barely has a trace of it.

Glad everyone is doing ok right now.
vettechie
Learning Class Poster
Learning Class Poster

Postby pilvikki » 05 Dec 2010, 21:40

wow! you'll look like a greek goddess!

:dancer2: :clap2:
pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin